Random sly-stats and sly-facts:
- Sherry Carrero.
- For almost 30 years, it's been sly, or slycreations
- Yep, I'm on Facebook regularly.
- I have a profile on LinkedIn.
- I'm on Twitter occasionally.
- I check in regularly on Untappd.
- I play around with web design and scripting on CodePen.
- Daily Goal?
- To brighten each day for those I care about and to never, ever allow myself to get bored
- Marital Status?
- Got married to a wonderful man in 2004. Couldn't be happier!
- I moved around too often to pick one. This place will do.
- Fav. Music?
- Southside Johnny & the Asbury Jukes
Think of me as a Southside Johnny evangelist, a missionary of Jukedom, converting the uninitiated 1 lost soul at a time
--- Can I get a witness??
- Also a fan of folk and a cappella music
- Places I've lived?
- A dozen or more places including Alabama, Florida, Texas, Mississippi, Texas, Virginia and Texas. --- Yes, Texas was intentionally listed multiple times
- Irish, English, French, Dutch, & Danish not necessarily in that order
- Singing karaoke, listening to the blues, writing bawdy songs, playing board games, reading, touring wineries and breweries, attending renaissance festivals, cooking, and foodie pursuits.
- Two adorable kitties. Easier to care for than children.
- (other than Southside Johnny) it would have to be the three C's: coffee, chocolate, and craft beer.
- I'm usually in a good mood --so don't mess it up!
- It has a mind of it's own. It's been long, shirt, curly, straight, red, brown, blue and is now on its way to gray.
- Fav. colors?
- Green (like hunter, forest), navy, purple, and burgundy
- Fav. food?
- Seafood, particularly lobster... but while I'm in Texas, I will settle for steak
- Fav. drink (non-alcoholic)?
- Iced tea (lemon optional) and coffee. Don't care for sodapop
- Fav. drink (alcoholic)?
- I love trying craft beers, so this can change frequently. I'm a big fan of red wine as well.
- Birth info?
- I was born on a Friday the 13th -- which probably explains something about me
- Currently working for
Freddie Mac as a Senior User Interface Engineer
- Sounds dull... what else?
- Over the past 30 years I've also been (in no particular order): waitress,
hostess, cocktail waitress, salesperson, cashier, weight-loss counselor,
optician, retail manager, retail district manager, reader/evaluator, junior
designer, apprentice interior decorator, financial clerk, receptionist,
secretary, QA reviewer, tutor, cake decorator, web developer, programmer, karaoke DJ, singer, and renaissance faire performer
- BA in English and Sociology from SFASU -- but I graduated in the 80s, before the internet became what it is today, and long before anyone thought web development could become a career.
- I have a lifetime Certification to teach secondary English and Sociology in the great state of Texas. I pray to God I never have to do that for a living.
- I'm also TABC certified, so you might catch me pouring drinks somewhere.